We all know that climate change is a fact, it is constantly mentioned on TV, radio, newspapers, among others. Media is in charge of reminding us every single day. But here comes the question, what can we do as individuals, it is possible that one single person changes the world, I don’t think so… can lots of people change it, maybe.
Let’s go bit by bit. Water waste
Certainly, water conservation has become essential in all regions, even where water seems abundant. That’s because our water resources are finite, and they are getting smaller every year.
Today, 771 million people – 1 in 10 – lack access to safe water and 1.7 billion people – 1 in 4 – does not have a toilet.
HOW TO SAVE WATER AT HOME
Find out some simple tips that will help you, not only to save money, but also water.
1. Don’t use the toilet as an ashtray or litter! Every time you flush a cigarette butt, facial tissue, or other small bit of trash, you’re wasting litres of water. Put them in the garbage, or better yet, recycle.
2. Toilet leaks can be silent! Put a little food colouring in your toilet tank. If, without flushing, the colour begins to appear in the bowl within 30 minutes, you have a leak that should be repaired immediately. Check once per year.
3. Home-made solution! Put plastic bottles or a float booster in your toilet tank. To cut down on water waste, put an inch or two of sand or pebbles inside each of two plastic bottles. Fill the bottles with water, screw the lids on, and put them in your toilet tank, safely away from the operating mechanisms.
4. Buy an adjustable toilet flapper. It will allow for adjustment of each per flush use; the user can adjust its rate to the minimum per flush setting that achieves a single good one each time.
5. BEST! Install Composting Toilets. If you have the chance and the place, this solution is the most effective way to cut water waste from your bathroom since they require no water at all! Better still, they keep all the nutrients and pollutants out of waterways and make them available for use in non-food landscapes.
6. CLASSIC! Take shorter showers. Limit your showers to the time it takes to soap up, wash down and rise off.
7. Install water-saving shower heads or flow restrictors. They are easy to fix, and most importantly, your showers will still be cleansing and refreshing.
8. Turn off the water while brushing your teeth or shaving.
9. When washing the dishes by hand, don’t leave the water running for rinsing.
10. Don’t let the faucet run while you clean vegetables. Just rinse them in a stoppered sink or a pan of clean water.
FROM OUR SIDE, LA FOSCA. WHAT ARE WE DOING?
All our new collections are made with natural or recycled fibers, why?
The fashion industry is highly polluting. According to WWF, it takes 2,700 liters of water to produce the cotton needed for a single T-shirt. However, organic cotton—which is generally produced without synthetic chemicals like fertilizers and pesticides—is a whole other world. The Soil Association says it only uses 243 liters compared to normal. For this reason, more and more brands have introduced the use of natural fibers.
Firstly, most organic cotton is grown on small farms, which tend to use rainwater and not so much irrigation systems. Also, since you don’t use pesticides and fertilizers, you don’t need as much water.
Moreover, it does not imply that the crop is transgenic, which generally requires more water; in turn, by working on soil without pesticides, the process saves water. In fact, 95% of the water used to grow organic cotton is ecological water (from rain or stored on the land itself).
In addition, reduces water pollution levels by 98% according to a 2011 Water Footprint report, since synthetic substances such as pesticides and fertilizers are not used.
As well, according to Textile Exchange, this type of fiber generates 46% less greenhouse gases than traditional cotton crops for the simple fact of not using fertilizers and pesticides —which emit nitrogen dioxide— and not using as many mechanized agricultural practices. As result, the soil acts as a “carbon store”, since it absorbs CO2 from the atmosphere.
If you would like further information, check out: Sustainability
Thank you for your support,
La Fosca. Need Waves
1. When can I expect my order?
Orders are prepared on weekdays (Monday to Friday), with the exception of public holidays in Spain. All orders are shipped within a maximum of 48 hours from the moment we receive them.
The shipping companies transit time is:
National (Spain & Portugal):
Standard delivery & Pack Point: from 3 to 5 working days depending on destination.
Express Premium delivery: Spain 24h, Balearic Island & Portugal 48h.
Please, note that we do not deliver to the Canary Islands.
Standard delivery & Punt Pack: from 3 to 6 working days depending on destination.
Also note, we do not deliver to the UK.
2. Where do you ship to?
Spain with the exception of the Canary Island and all over the EU with the exception of the UK.
3. Do I need to pay for my shipment?
We offer free delivery for all orders over 40€ within Spain, Balearic Island and Portugal.
And also, free delivery for all orders over 120€ within the EU.
The cost of the shipment will be calculated at the checkout, based on the selected destination.
National (Spain & Portugal): orders under 40€
Standard Delivery: 4.50€
Estimated delivery time is 3 to 5 working days depending on destination.
Express Premium Delivery: 9.99€
Estimated delivery time is 24h or 48h depending on destination.
Pack Point: 3.90€
Estimated delivery time is 3 to 5 working days depending on destination.
Delivery Point in Palamós: FREE
Palamós, 17230 (Girona)
From Monday to Saturday
EU Countries: orders under 120€
Standard Delivery: from 12€
Estimated delivery time is 3 to 6 working days depending on destination.
Pack Point: from 6.50€
Estimated delivery time is 4 to 6 working days depending on destination.
4. Can I change my delivery address?
You can change the address any time before the parcel is shipped. It’s possible to request the update by sending us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Can I send my order to a post office box?
We cannot ship to P.O. boxes because the shipping company only offers a delivery service to a physical person, to ensure that the addressee receives the order.
6. Which company is responsible for my delivery?
Standard Delivery: Correos
Express Premium Delivery: Shipments are handled by SEUR in Spain and Portugal and DHL for EU countries.
Pack Point: Mondial Relay
7. How do I track my order?
Use the shipment ID given in the dispatch email - if you do not receive this ID, contact us email@example.com we will provide it. Once the parcel is handed to the National Post of your country, SEUR or DHL will update the information linking to a new page for you to keep on checking the whereabouts of your parcel.
We recommend to proactively check the information inside the link as you may not always get notified about every update.
Returns are very simple with us. How to return the item(s):
We are so sure that you will love your items, that we have applied EXCHANGE & RETURNS FREE POLICY.
STEP 1: Please, contact us within 30 days after you receive your item(s) at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with the print-out label. Be aware that to return an item it cannot be used or washed. In case the item is damaged, let us know it in the same mail address.
STEP 2: You must include the return form in your package which you will find here. If the item was damaged, please write this on the note as well.
STEP 3: Take your parcel to your shipping company. You will be responsable for the items, until they have arrived at our warehouse. We therefore recommed you to keep a copy of postage.
STEP 4: Once we receive your parcel, we will check the item(s) and you will get your refund using the same method you used to pay. Please be aware that it can take up to 10 working days until the refunded amount is visible in your own account.
1. Which payment methods can I use?
2. How does the payment procedure work?
At the checkout page, after adding your shipping information, you will continue the payment method. There you will be able to choose which method you'd like to pay to complet your order.
For Paypal payments, you will be charged directly after you complete your order.
Keep in mind, that your order will not be processed and shipped until we have confirmed the payment.
3. Is VAT included in the price of the product?
Yes, all displayed prices in our website include VAT.
4. Are my bank details secure?
We never keep any bank account details. Transactions on our website are handled by a secure payment platform, so any payments you make with us are complete secure.
5. I need further information!
If you need extra information, do not hesitate to contact us through mail email@example.com, we will be very happy to help you.
1. How do I know which is my correct size?
Very simple! We want you to have a smoothest shopping experience and get it right the first time, so we have carefully measured all our nice items, in each product you will find a size chart, just click the buttom and you will find a picture with the following measures: chest & bottom width, total & sleeve lenght and shoulder to shoulder. This information should be enough to get your correct size, but in case you still have doubts, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here for you!
Check out the model's picture and description, it will give a reference to choose your size.